Don’t let one slip-up ruin your day or stop you from achieving your goals!
One of the biggest mistakes people make, is simply giving up! So what if you had some pizza or some chocolate? It happens! I have had my fair share of pizza and chocolate (especially over the holidays)! THAT DOESN’T MEAN I CAN’T FIX IT.. THAT DOESN’T MEAN I CAN’T CHANGE MY BODY (IN A HEALTHY WAY)!!! If I had given up each time I messed up and ate something I shouldn’t have, I would not be anywhere NEAR where I am today.
My tips for “fixing” eating slip-ups:
- Do not keep eating whatever it is you “cheated” with just because you cheated! Saying “well I messed up my diet, I might as well finish off this bag of Cheetoh’s” is like saying “well I’ve got one flat tire, I might as well slash the rest.” It makes no sense! Do not continue to binge!
- FIX the mistake at your very next meal! Have something light like a spinach salad with a little bit of fat free feta and some vinegar. DO NOT skip the rest of your meals for the day, it will only add to the problem.. Why wait for the NEXT DAY when you can fix it THE SAME DAY!?
- Do not beat yourself up about it!! Everyone makes mistakes. That doesn’t mean you are “worthless”, a “pig” or a “failure”. I often see girls posting things like this and it makes me so sad! It isn’t true! Think positive. YOU ARE ONLY A FAILURE IF YOU QUIT!!!
- Do not use exercise to punish yourself for what you ate. This could cause you to begin resenting your workouts. Do not spend hours at the gym to work it off. Do your normal routine, and just add a few extra sets to your weight lifting or a few extra minutes to your cardio!
- Think about how far you have come, rather than how far you have to go. Realize that each little bit of progress is HUGE! Some people never even BEGIN to try! But you did! Remember that!
Smile. Remain positive. You will get there!